Friday, February 3, 2012

Short note of Explanation . . .

3 Feb 2012

I am about 3.5 weeks away from the one-year anniversary of being diagnosed with breast cancer. 2011 was a rock 'n roll year for me, to say the least!

My amazing friends and family were there for me from the very beginning and never left me to struggle with anything on my own.   And so, I learned early on that my phone battery was no match for the volume of calls and text messages, and it was rather exhausting to repeat the same story over and over. I finally decided I needed to start a distribution list and send emails regularly to keep everyone up to date so that when we did speak on the phone or in person, I had some idea of what they already knew.

Recently, a colleague and friend told me her daughter-in-law had just been diagnosed. I know she'll be fine, but I am so sad that she has to go through the 6-8 months of he** I went through. Really stinks. My friend was asking me some questions that I found myself digging through my emailed messages to find the answers to. Talking to another friend about it, she suggested I post those 21 messages that I sent over a six month period here on my old, defunct blog, unused since Ironman 2010.

So, here they are in chronological order and hopefully searchable. I hope they help someone in some way. If you read something that sparks a question, please contact me and I will tell you more.

All the best,
Diane

No comments: