Friday, February 3, 2012

TGI Friday -- Except in Doctorland! (Message 3 of 21)

4 Mar 2011
Hi there,


Not going to leave you hanging through a long story:  My MRI results are good!

Fridays are never good days for medical tests because you have to wait through the weekend for the results. I had to do that last weekend so *this* week I had the test yesterday. Newsflash: Really, A medical test on Thursday at 6pm might as well be Friday. I was supposed to get a call with results this morning but they didn't come. At noon I called the office to learn that on Fridays they close at noon. 

Oh, the agony! I made more calls. 

My advocate, who is also off today, had someone covering her (whom I met at the time of my biopsy), and she heard of my two-thousand phone calls and stepped in to call me back. Bottom line: There are no other issues in either breast, so the plan for surgery on Wednesday is not going to change. She said the doctor will call me (from a conference in Texas) later today.

I think my blood pressure and Charlie-Sheen-Index have just dropped by half.

Thanks for all the good vibes, phone calls & messages. So good to have you to talk to.

Diane

No comments: